The Burlington Writers Workshop offers nearly 300 free workshops each year in Burlington, Montpelier, and Middlebury, as well as master classes and various full-day writing retreats throughout Vermont. Most of our current workshops meet Online, but we do have in-person workshops. We ask that you attend at least one workshop before requesting to submit your own work for review.
- This event has passed.
BWW Leadership Team Meeting
January 23 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
The Burlington Writers Workshop (BWW) Leadership Team includes the elected Board members and any other active participants who wish to contribute ideas, opinions and solutions that initiate, renew, and sustain the programs we provide. Together, we create Action Teams as needed to accomplish specific goals. BWW encourages and appreciates your direct participation as we work to build a consensus leadership model. Please sign up and join us!
Agenda for 1/23 Meeting
Review and Approve Minutes
MSR Review: Rebecca/Ashley
- general update
- screenshare current issue
- update on Manuscript Review status
Contributing Members Plan: Dick
- Who Qualifies?
- Can we prioritize Vermont/ Contributing members for workshops if there is a waiting list?
Plans for Annual Meeting on March 20, 7 pm:
- Draft of Notice: Elaine/ Margo
- Attach bylaws
- Encourage members (and workshop leaders!) to nominate candidates for the board
- Budget for more bookkeeping help? Dick
Discussion- Moving MSR’s website & BWW to AWS: Jon and Dick
Discussion- Zoom Licenses: Dick and Jon
Additional Comms Discussions: Jon
- Review new website
- Discuss Ads on new website
- Discuss EventBrite host/attendee training issues
- Logo comparison
Liaison Manager Update: Sam
- Liaison Manager responsibilities discussion
- BWW Communications across all teams
- Strategic Plan
- Programming Team Update
- Resource Team Update
- Publishing House Update
Book Festival Update: Elaine
Cold Lake Anthology Update: Elaine & Nancy V.
February LT Meeting Date: Proposed for February 20th
March LT Meeting: Proposed for March 13, one week prior to Annual Meeting