The Burlington Writers Workshop offers nearly 300 free workshops each year in Burlington, Montpelier, and Middlebury, as well as master classes and various full-day writing retreats throughout Vermont. Most of our current workshops meet Online, but we do have in-person workshops. We ask that you attend at least one workshop before requesting to submit your own work for review.
- This event has passed.
BWW Leadership Team Meeting
February 20 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
The Burlington Writers Workshop (BWW) Leadership Team includes the elected Board members and any other active participants who wish to contribute ideas, opinions and solutions that initiate, renew, and sustain the programs we provide. Together, we create Action Teams as needed to accomplish specific goals. BWW encourages and appreciates your direct participation as we work to build a consensus leadership model. Please sign up and join us!
Agenda for 2/20 Meeting
Review and approve minutes from 1/23
Mud Season Update
- Depth of Editorial and Masthead Staff
- Ms. Reviewer Development and Plans
- Adapting to Submittable Cost Increases
Plan for Annual Meeting:
- Introduce Nominees to the Board
- Board can nominate people at any time. General member nominations closed 2/20.
- Need 6 members including new Board President + MSR Rep / Nancy V, Millie, Dick are still in their first 2-year terms. Dennis and Nancy V are withdrawing. Elaine and Nancy K are willing to run again or withdraw.
- Board Officers will be nominated and voted on by the Board at the first LT meeting after the annual meeting
- Dick and Millie intend to stay on as Treasurer and Secretary; the President position will be open.
- Schedule March 13 LT Mtg to approve Annual Mtg Agenda, Budget, Strategic Plan
- Schedule a brief Board Mtg immediately after the Annual Mtg to nominate and elect Officers.
- LT general ideas for Budget and Strategic Plan
Contributing Member Benefits Update
Volunteer Coordinator Update:
- Programming – Masha, MC update, workshop changes
- where volunteers are needed most, announce new volunteers
Liaison Manager Update:
- Poetry Path
- Role Documentation
Zoom license renewal; workshops have adapted to Meet or member-provided Zooms
Eventbrite transition; some workshops outside EB
Publishing Team update
Agenda for 3/13 Meeting