The Burlington Writers Workshop space is located at 110 Main Street, Studio 3C in Burlington, Vermont. Once you enter through the main entrance of the building, turn right at the lobby to locate the elevator. Take the elevator to the third floor. Follow the hallway around to the right. Our space is located on the third floor (studio 3C).
Learn more about:
From the North on I-89: Take I-89 and get off at Burlington Exit 14W. This road turns into Main Street. Go down the hill, passing through the University of Vermont Campus and then into downtown Burlington. Once in downtown, you will pass several cross streets, including S. Willard St, S. Union St, S. Winooski Ave, Church St, and St. Paul St. After you pass St. Paul St, 110 Main St will be on your right (between St. Paul And Pine).
From the South on Shelburne Road (Rte 7): Follow Shelburne Road (Rte 7) through South Burlington toward Burlington. As you enter Burlington, you will come to a traffic circle with a left fork that heads down a small hill (this is St Paul Street). Take that left fork onto St Paul St. Stay on St Paul until you reach Main St. Turn left onto Main Street. 110 Main St will be on your right (between St Paul and Pine).
Parking Garages & Lots
**Note that for evening workshops, public pay parking is available in the lot directly adjacent to the space at 110 Main Street. You will see a large meter for the lot against the side of the building. See below for additional parking information.
Garage parking is available at the following nearby garages, noted on the map.
#1 Marketplace Garage (entrances on Bank & Cherry Streets near City Market)
- 0-2 hours: FREE
- 2-2.5 hours: $3.00
- 2.5-3 hours: $4.00
- 3-3.5 hours: $5.00
- 3.5-4 hours: $6.00
- 4-5 hours: $7.00
- 5-6 hours: $8.00
- 6-7 hours: $9.00
- >7 hours: $10.00
#2 College Street and Lakeview Garages (entrances on College Street, Battery Street, and Cherry Street)
- 0-2 hours: FREE
- 2-2.5 hours: $2.00
- 2.5-3 hours: $3.00
- 3-3.5 hours: $4.00
- 3.5-4 hours: $5.00
- 4-5 hours: $6.00
- 5-6 hours: $7.00
- 6-7 hours: $8.00
- >7 hours: $8.00
#3 Burlington Town Center Garage (entrances on Cherry Street and at the intersection of Pine Street & Bank Street)
- < 1 hour: $2.00
- < 2 hours: $4.00
- < 3 hours: $6.00
- < 4 hours: $8.00
- <6 hours: $10.00
- < 8 hours: $12.00
- < 10 hours: $14.00
- < 12 hours: $16.00
- < 12 hours: $22.00
Additional private garages (check rates and locations)
- Corporate Plaza Garage (entrance on St. Paul Street)
- Gateway Center Garage (entrance on Battery Street)
- Courthouse Plaza Garage (entrance on South Winooski Ave)
- Corner Stone Garage (entrance on Main Street)
Additional metered parking lots (check rates and locations)
- Attended lots
- Waterfront parking (seasonal; entrance on College Street)
- Unattended metered lots
- South Union Street
- Fletcher Free Library (College Street)
- Main Street at S. Winooski Ave.
- King Street at St. Paul Street
- Parking within the “downtown core” (the area within the blue box in the map, which includes the street parking directly in front of the BWW space) is regulated by smart meters and/or parking kiosks. Both take coins and credit cards and do not have time limits. Rates for the downtown core are $1.50/hour 7 a.m. – 10 p.m., Monday-Saturday. Parking is free on Sundays and holidays.
- Parking outside of the “downtown core” is also available. Parking outside of the downtown core is regulated by coin-operated meters. Parking is free after 6 pm as well as on Sundays and holidays. Meters prices are as follows, with meters enforced 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday-Saturday. Metered spaces are free after 6 p.m. and on Sundays and holidays.
- Gray meters: < 1 hour only
- Blue meters: < 3 hours @ 25 cents for each 15 minutes
- Red meters: < 3 hours @ 25 cents for each 15 minutes
- Brown meters: < 10 hours at $4.00 daily maximum
- Yellow meters: < 15 or 30 minutes (see meter)
There are several bus stops located within close walking distance from our space. Please see the map for some of the most active bus lines near the BWW space, noted below. Additional bus stops are also indicated with the blue bus symbol.
#1: Main Street at Pine Street (177 ft from BWW space)
#2: College Street at Pine Street (0.1 mi from BWW space)
#3 Cherry Street Transit Station (0.4 miles from the BWW space)
For a full list of stops as well as schedules and fare information, visit the CCTA website.
A free College Street Shuttle is also available. This shuttle runs every 15 minutes, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., year round and makes stops all along College Street between UVM , Church Street Marketplace, and the Burlington Waterfront. The shuttle also runs on Saturdays and Sundays, from 9 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. from Memorial Day through Columbus Day. For more information, visit the CCTA website.