The Burlington Writers Workshop offers nearly 300 free workshops each year in Burlington, Montpelier, and Middlebury, as well as a series of full-day writing retreats in locations throughout Vermont.
- Writing with Spirit – 1st and 3rd Mondays at 6:30 PM in Burlington
- Creative Non-fiction – Tuesdays at 10:30 am in Burlington
- Lit Group – Tuesdays at 6:30 pm in Burlington
- Book Length Fiction – Alternate Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in Burlington
- Poetry Workshop – Twice monthly on Thursdays at 6:30 pm in Burlington
- Poetry Discussion – 2nd Saturday every month at 10:30 am in Burlington
- Read Like a Writer | Write Like a Reader – Alternate Saturdays now through July at 10:30 am in Burlington
- Middlebury Workshops – Twice monthly on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 6 pm at Ilsley Public Library
- Montpelier Workshops – Monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 6:15 pm at Montpelier Senior Activity Center
Find specific workshops, events, and please RSVP below…
We ask that you attend at least one workshop before requesting to submit your own work for review.
- Burlington: We hold a variety of workshops—including genre-specific workshops, craft workshops, and a literature reading group—in our writing studio at 110 Main Street, Studio 3C in downtown Burlington. Some of the Burlington workshops accept work for review. You can see when there are possible openings for submission by viewing the Burlington workshop schedule.
- Middlebury: Workshops meet once each month in downtown Middlebury, usually at the Isley Public Library (location sometimes changes so be sure to check the description for each workshop). You can see when there are possible openings for submission by viewing the Middlebury workshop schedule.
- Montpelier: Workshops meet once each month at the Montpelier Senior Activity Center. You can see when there are possible openings for submission by viewing the Montpelier workshop schedule.