The Burlington Writers Workshop offers nearly 300 free workshops each year in Burlington, Montpelier, and Middlebury, as well as a series of full-day writing retreats in locations throughout Vermont.
- Writing with Spirit – 1st and 3rd Mondays at 6:30 PM in Burlington
- Creative Non-fiction – Tuesdays at 10:30 am in Burlington
- Lit Group – Tuesdays at 6:30 pm in Burlington
- Book Length Fiction – Alternate Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in Burlington
- Poetry Workshop – On Thursdays, almost always twice a month at 6:30 pm in Burlington
- Song Writing – Monthly on a Thursday at 6:30 in Burlington
- Friday Morning Workshop – This open-genre group meets weekly at 10:30 am in Burlington
- Poetry Discussion – 2nd Saturday every month at 10:30 am in Burlington
- Read Like a Writer | Write Like a Reader – Alternate Saturdays now through June 29 at 10:30 am in Burlington
- Middlebury Workshops – Twice monthly on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 6 pm at Ilsley Public Library
- Montpelier Workshops – Monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 6:15 pm at Montpelier Senior Activity Center
You’ll find a workshop schedule, upcoming events, and can RSVP to attend on our Calendar Page.
We ask that you attend at least one workshop before requesting to submit your own work for review.
- Burlington: We hold a variety of workshops—including genre-specific workshops, craft workshops, and literature reading groups—in our writing studio at 110 Main Street, Studio 3C in downtown Burlington. Some of the Burlington workshops accept work for review. You can see when there are possible openings for submission by viewing the Burlington workshop schedule.
- Middlebury: Workshops meet once each month in downtown Middlebury, usually at the Isley Public Library (location sometimes changes so be sure to check the description for each workshop). You can see when there are possible openings for submission by viewing the Middlebury workshop schedule.
- Montpelier: Workshops meet once each month at the Montpelier Senior Activity Center. You can see when there are possible openings for submission by viewing the Montpelier workshop schedule.
BWW offers a series of Writing Retreats designed to provide participants with opportunities to gather in quiet, inspiring places for more focused discussion, instruction, and writing time—and new connections with other members. (TBA for 2019)