Enter the lottery for our upcoming generative prose workshops with Baron Wormser: Wednesdays, March 14, 21, and 28 at 6:30 p.m. at the BWW studio in Burlington.
This lottery will close on Friday, February 23, midnight. We’ll be in touch via Meetup by Monday, February 26 to let you know the results of the lottery. Our goal will be to ensure that as many people as possible can attend at least 1 of these 3 workshops. If there are additional spots available, we’ll happily give you a seat at more!
About these workshops
Each workshop will consider how various approaches to sentence construction can broaden any writer’s approach to his or her material. We will do 2 prompts each session, 1 from a fiction writer and 1 from a nonfiction writer. These are individual workshops and do not need to be attended as a series.
How the lottery works
- You need to have attended or be signed up for at least 1 “regular” workshop in which you offered feedback to your fellow members in order to be eligible for the lottery. This is the same requirement we have before you can submit your own work for feedback. Given that all our workshops are free and open to all, this is just a simple step to ensure we’re keeping alive our spirit of both giving and receiving.
- Enter the lottery by filling out the form above. Please check all workshops in this offering that you would like to/are available to attend.
- The lottery will close on Friday, February 23, midnight. Once the lottery closes, we’ll do a random drawing and offer spots based on lottery order and workshop preference. Note that we will try to move folks who haven’t gotten into a guest author workshop recently to the top of the list.
- We’ll add you to the Meetup as a “Yes” RSVP by Monday, February 26 if you’ve gotten a spot in the lottery. You’ll be notified by Meetup that you’ve been added.
- We’ll ask for a 48-hour cancellation notice for these workshops. All you need to do to cancel is change your RSVP in Meetup to a “No.” For the sake of fairness to those on the waitlist—and to ensure we have enough participants for a vibrant workshop—if you cancel within 48 hours, we’ll ask you to wait for at least 1 guest author workshop before entering another lottery.
More about Baron Wormser
Baron Wormser is the author/co-author of fourteen books and a poetry chapbook. His books include Scattered Chapters: New and Selected Poems (Sarabande Books), The Road Washes Out in Spring: a Poet’s Memoir of Living Off the Grid (University Press of New England), and The Poetry Life: Ten Stories (CavanKerry Press). His novel Tom o’ Vietnam, about a Vietnam veteran who is obsessed with King Lear, was published by New Rivers Press in the fall of 2017. Wormser has received fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, Bread Loaf, and the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation. From 2000 to 2006 he served as poet laureate of the state of Maine. He has taught many dozens of workshops across the United States and continues to offer generative workshops along with workshops focusing on the works of a particular poet. Founder of the Frost Place Conference on Poetry and Teaching and the Frost Place Seminar, Baron lives in Montpelier and teaches in the Fairfield University MFA Program.