This year’s Burlington Book Festival was a great success. We held our launch party for Mud Season Review and gave a stellar reading on religion and faith the following morning. We met lots of new folks and reconnected with some old friends. In short, it was a fantastic weekend for literary folks in Vermont.
We’ve posted pictures of the Mud Season Review festivities on the MSR Facebook page, which I hope you’ll both “Like” and invite your friends to “Like.” As one of our authors said at Saturday night’s reading, it’ll be exciting to see where this journal is in five years. A good place, I’m sure.
Anyway, without further ado, here are this week’s opportunities and announcements.
- Publish your work: We’re still looking for your short fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for the next Hotel Vermont publication. This is a small book that appears in every one of Hotel Vermont’s 125 rooms for three months. Guests can take these books home with them, so this is a rare opportunity to reach thousands of readers. Submit your work here by the end of September.
- Dine with Howard Frank Mosher: The acclaimed Vermont author will give a presentation of his work at Hotel Vermont on Tuesday, October 21st at 7 p.m. For a charitable gift to the BWW of $300 or more, we’ll thank you with a seat at the table with Howard at dinner at Juniper, Hotel Vermont’s restaurant, before the reading. It’s a great way to (1) support readings like this and (2) meet one of your favorite authors. Donate here.
- Set your October writing schedule: Need a set time to write? Consider picking up a shift at the BWW center for the month of October. Shifts are morning and midday, and workshop leaders usually take over at night. If you’re interested, please contact us.
- Vermoxie: The new online magazine Vermoxie (vermoxie.com) is looking for “short stories, articles, opinion, fiction, memoir, prose, commentary, poetry, satire, art, imagery, photography… creative construct of any kind. Anything with truth and attitude.” This locally-run magazine is just starting up, so if you’ve got pitches for great content, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mud Season Review Issue #1 is live at mudseasonreview.com. Check it out!
- The BWW will finalize and launch the calendar of November offerings on September 30th, so if you have a suggestion for a workshop that we should do in November, please contact us.
- We now have Burlington Writers Workshop and Mud Season Review t-shirts for sale. Order one and you’ll be supporting both endeavors. Thanks!